La Laguna de Barlovento
The largest artificial reservoir on the island area with grills, tables, toilets, craft retail outlet and restaurant is located. This trail connects the Laguna de Barlovento to the Visitor Center
PR LP 07.1. LAS CABEZADAS – LOS TILOS, VISITOR CENTER
- DISTANCE: 8.2 km.
- DIFFICULTY: Medium. No significant difficulties.
- ACCUMULATED CLIMB UP: 650 mt.
- DESNIVEL DESCENDETE CUMULATIVE: 630 mt.
- IDA ESTIMATED TIME: 2:30 hrs.
- ESTIMATED TIME OF RETURN: – hrs.
- PROTECTED AREAS: Natural Park of Las Nieves.
- RECOMMENDED TIME: Any time of year.
- GETTING TO THE TRAIL: By road, with private car or taxi.
- BASIC RECOMMENDATIONS: Observe the usual precautions common to hiking activity. At the risk of sounding obvious, the following are noted:
- Check weather forecasts before setting off.
- Not walk alone.
- Someone to record the route to be done, as well as the return time.
- Carry a small rucksack with warm clothing, waterproofs, food and plenty of water.
- Not forget such simple items as: hat, sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Carry a mobile phone with a charged battery, a map and, if possible, a compass. They are never used, but when needed they have to be there.
- Equipped with specific material, especially in the feet, hiking boots or similar (to avoid sneakers or tennis) are fundamental.
- OBSERVATIONS: This trail connects the Laguna de Barlovento to the Visitor Center, in fact, this is the route that is often commonly performed. To give coherence to the network of trails, this PR links with the GR130 in Las Cabezadas. If you choose to reach La Laguna drive the route is shortened by 45 minutes. Is also common to ascend from the town of Barlovento to Laguna by PR LP8 in about 30 minutes. Another very popular excursion is rising from the Visitor Center to the Mirador del Topo of the Handrails, with the return at the same place.